Back in the Saddle

General, open discussion regarding writing, getting published, markets, pointers, and other related topics. All are welcome! No advertising, please!

Moderators: mikeedwards, itsjoanne, Sparrow, RedBaron, cori67, beaedwards

Wrider
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Back in the Saddle

Post by Wrider » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:27 pm

I don't know which category this post should fall under, but I just wanted to share my glee. After clawing my way out of a winter-induced depression, I am finally writing again. REALLY writing. I had made the decision to try and be involved around here again, basically as a last ditch effort to find some kind of inspiration. Thanks to a generous sponsor, I was able to join the Challenges again, which, to be quite honest, was rather frightening after being away for so long. But that was the push I needed. After wetting my writing appetite here, I picked up two of my previously published novels that have needed to be reformatted and republished for several years now - I'd simply been too unmotivated to get the job done. They are now well on their way to being updated. Along with that, I finally, FINALLY picked up a novel I'd started years ago, but stopped at about 3/4 of the way through. I have fallen in love with the characters all over again, mapped out a good portion of the rest of the plot, and have successfully written several new scenes.

All that to say... I can't believe I let my writing slide for so long. I used to tell people that, for me, writing was like breathing - without it, I would suffocate. In all honesty though, I'm not sure I really believed it. I wanted it to be true, but I'm not sure I actually felt or understood it. Until now. For whatever reason, God made me a writer. I'm still unsure of His ultimate purpose for this, but what I DO know after this most recent experience, is that I HAVE to write. Not only has it simply been fun, but in light of my depression, I often find myself stewing about my current novel plot instead of worrying about life's trials - which has actually reduced some of my anxiety as well.

I know inspiration comes and goes, and creative juices don't flow at a constant, but I'm hopeful that this has been the kickstart I needed to truly get back into my writing as a whole. I almost fear when my novel is completed, I might not know what else to do, but that is probably further into the future than I think! It will be a while yet.

Several of you have encouraged me as I've tested out the FaithWriters waters again, and I just want to say thanks. My writing journey is far from over.
Rachel B
my site: www.rachelburkum.com
graphic design: www.serioussolutions.org

Laurie
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Back in the Saddle

Post by Laurie » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:33 pm

This is so great to hear. You're really on a roll now. I'm so happy for you. :)

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:12 pm

I have tears in my eyes as I read this. What a powerful testimony! You've touched my heart after a really cruddy week! :thankssign
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Wrider
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Wrider » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:05 am

Laurie wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:33 pm
This is so great to hear. You're really on a roll now. I'm so happy for you. :)
Thanks!! :D

Shann wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:12 pm
I have tears in my eyes as I read this. What a powerful testimony! You've touched my heart after a really cruddy week!
Thank YOU :wink: Hoping your week improves!! :hugs2
Rachel B
my site: www.rachelburkum.com
graphic design: www.serioussolutions.org

itsjoanne

Post by itsjoanne » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:15 am

Oh, praise God! So very, VERY happy to hear this!
Joanne Sher
FaithWriters Writing Challenge Coordinator
FaithWriters Blogger
FaithWriters Blog
My Profile
My Site
Me on Facebook

RedBaron

Post by RedBaron » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:39 pm

:welcome home. I recently started writing again (with a short break while I was dealing with my surgery and now recovery. Might try to write some, as I'm feeling up to it.)

There's a season for everything and so glad someone sponsored you :).
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Return to “Open Forum - General Writing Discussion”