To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

critique submission

General, open discussion regarding writing, getting published, markets, pointers, and other related topics. All are welcome! No advertising, please!

Moderators: mikeedwards, RedBaron, beaedwards, cori67, itsjoanne, Sparrow

Sibermom65
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

critique submission

Postby Sibermom65 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:31 pm

For the upcoming writer's conference I will be attending, we have the chance to submit a small section (up to 750 words) of our current work for a critique. Ideally, I know it would be great to use a particularly troublesome passage, but the one I need I'm still struggling to write (it is really hard) and I need to get the submission in ASAP. So I feel stuck with what I already have written (first draft.)
Finding a suitable passage in my children's historical fantasy that fits that length is hard, but I've narrowed my choices down. I can go with the opening, checking if it has a good "hook"; I can look at a passage that describes the MC's interaction with a minor character, that underscores the MC's character and the inner conflicts; or thirdly, I can present a passage in the 'big battle' at the climax. Which of the three do you feel would be best to use?

itsjoanne

Re: critique submission

Postby itsjoanne » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:47 am

My first instinct is to go with the second option - the MC and a minor character. I think that could possibly give you more feedback to apply to the entire manuscript.

Just my thoughts. :)

Return to Open Forum - General Writing Discussion