Previous Challenge Entry
Topic: Mountains (09/20/04)
TITLE: My Mounting Mountain
By Annette Bury
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
SEND ARTICLE TO A FRIEND
1. A mountain of an overflowing, never-ending, ceaseless supply of dirty socks, wet towels, and stinky shirts. They seem to multiply overnight. One of my boys is reading a book entitled, ĎThe Plant That Ate Dirty Socks.í Perhaps, my local nursery will stock up, and Iíll turn my front lawn into plant eating socks.
2. A mountain of spills and messes. As soon as one is whisked away, another one mysteriously appears taking its place. Iíve seen all the colors of Baskin Robbins thirty-one flavors, and many more. The chemists at Sherwin Williams could visit my home, inventing some new shades.
3. A mountain of a resume, jam packed with life experiences and many titles pertaining to my five children. Iíve been the teacher, taxi driver, nurse, professional shopper, party coordinator, cook, counselor, arbitrator, judge, cheerleader, laundress, seamstress, sergeant, financial advisor, and head bus boy.
4. A mountain of gadgets in my cupboards that donít wedge, peel, blend, toast, or cut my grass all in the click of a button.
5. A mountain in my bathroom drawers crowded with hair curlers, curling irons, blow dryers, and hair brushes that donít color, fluff, rat, and poof out my hair, all at the same time as promised on the package.
6. A mountain of jam-packed cupboards filled with white elephant gifts, anxiously awaiting the next white elephant party. The best of the bunch Ė A huge doll dressed in a knitted dress that doubles as a toilet paper holder. What home should be without one?
7. A boyís bedroom brimming in a mountain of broken shells, dirt encrusted bottle caps, and every brown color of rock known to man.
8. A toppling mountain of photos awaiting their proper placement in albums, picture frames, and scrapbooks.
9. An ever-growing mountain of to do lists: clean the garage, prune the shrubs, pack up my unworn and unused clothes for charity, and wipe those handprints off the kitchen wall.
10. And my most cherished mountain that never topples Ė My mounting mountain of the Lordís blessing and favor on my life. I have His love, His provision, His goodness, His grace, and His mercy. I love you Lord!