The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1571 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/28/06
This story drew me in from the first sentence, and never let go! What a well-told tale of desparation AND hope! Your closing is PERFECT. I will remember the golden streets for a long time!
07/29/06
Very well written. Believable dialogue, great description, nicely developed characters. You've woven hope within this heartbreaking story, all within a 750 word limit. Excellent job!
07/31/06
With war, death, poverty and hunger coming from every News Network, I thought I would read a happy title out of Masters to cheer me up. "On Golden Streets" sounded peaceful, joyous and serene. Needless to say, (from a reader's perspective- it wan't what I was looking for) however, from a Writer's perspective, this story, as expected from this Level, was very well written, and did have some hope for the future. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, "cheerful and uplifting"..but a Great Write on an altogether too common problem in our world today. Thanks for sharing.
08/01/06
I love the irony in the title! This is beautifully written, and I wanted more, more, more.
08/02/06
Wonderful pacing. Very smooth writing, drawing the reader along. Captivating!

I had trouble with the setting-- where or when this took place. Consequently, bread carts and Sunday school teachers seemed incongruous.

The short dialogue sentences really helped define the mood. The story lingers in your head. Good writing!
This was a powerfully written piece. My heart went out to these precious children. I enjoyed it from the first word to the last. Great job.
08/02/06
Wonderful story on so many levels. I will not soon forget this heartfelt story told so beautifully.
08/03/06
Wow, what a heart wrenching story of courage and strength. Wonderful dialog and writing. You gripped my heart.