The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2004 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh this is so beautiful. What a powerful message. Beautifully written.
Wow. I got the chills when I reached the last line of the third stanza and realized where this was going... I wouldn't be to sure about not placing. ;-)
06/23/06
I think we need to invent a word with more impact than "Wow" and use it on work like this. After finishing, I almost felt like I'd been watching someone deep in prayer.

So, for lack of a better word, "Wow."
Wonderfully moving poem, full of irresistible images and depths! But your last line is the crown on the whole thing--just perfect.
Yes, beautifully striking images! A verse of eternal love written in tenderness and power.
06/26/06
Oh Pat! This is unbelievably beautiful. I'll bet you just love this one--perhaps your best ever! Such heartbreakingly, breathtakingly wonderful images.
06/26/06
What magnificent imagery. I love the repetition of "For you see..." then the slightly different last line of each stanza. WELL DONE!
Such power in such a few well chosen words. Unbelievably beautiful. I agree, WOW!
06/26/06
I can see this poem going down in a Golden Treasury of Poems with those of the great Masters of poetry writing. This is so splendidly beautiful and different. I wish I could write poetry like this. Well done.
Awesome poem. I too wish I could write poetry like this. May the Lord continue to guide your quill as you write for the glory of HIM.
Blessings,
Trina<><
06/26/06
Profound and beautiful.... stunning....
06/26/06
Wow! Great images and a powerful message! Your words just reach out and grab a person with this fantastic poem!
Pat, this is excellent. Magnificent imagery, powerful words, great job.
Oh,oh,oh! Beautiful!
06/28/06
Captivating from the very beginning. Excellent imagery from beginning to end. Good job!
06/28/06
It's a wonderful thing to know that God loves us and stands by us no matter what. 'Tis so sweet to trust in the Master. Great poem!
07/01/06
This is so lovely. There was a time when I was in a place like this and the line:....
He waits alone
by her restless heart
where He spreads His wings
and covers her wounds
and broken soul.
He cannot leave – He knows exactly who she is.
For you see …
He loves her......so touched my heart. I once was lost but now I am found. I was the broken, sounded soul. His patience astounds me, as I come to understand who I am in Him. Simply beautiful. Many Blessings