The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 585 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I am not a huge free verse fan, but the structure you used, combined with its brevity, make for a powerful message, exemplifying the topic. I expect this to do well.
06/10/16
I know many consider a lack of rhyme free verse, but I personally would not consider this free verse. It has a regular rhythm and repeated pattern and a repeated message that it drives home in the last stanza. I loved this! It certainly fits the topic that shows an insouciant society today, that mimics behavior the bible has warned of in times past and you show beautifully in your poem! I think it paints a powerful message for this blinded generation. Well done!
06/14/16
Clear and powerful message that builds very quickly to a great climax. Well done.
06/14/16
I enjoyed your poem and its message, and your take on this topic. Well written.
Congratulations, Lea, on your 3rd place EC! It was my favorite this week.
06/16/16
Congratulations, Lea, on winning a 3rd place EC award this week.

I like the concise pattern of your poem. It shared a strong and clear message. I'm adding it to my favorites.
06/16/16
Congrats on your placing and on your EC. Well done.
06/16/16
Lea, What a powerful message and clear delivery. Congratulations on 3rd place in the EC.
I've read your "sermon in verse" twice and I'm the verge of tears. The repeated lines at the end of the stanza become increasing convicting. My favorite so far.
06/17/16
Congratulations, Lea, on your 3rd place. It's very much deserved!
06/25/16
Lea, this one gave me goosebumps. And it came at a God-destined moment for me, when I have been struggling with how to use my time to tell others of Messiah.

Congratulations on your EC placing.
06/26/16
Umm wow... simple yet astoundingly profound. Well done.