The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 997 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/25/14
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

This was so clever, so different, and so beyond funny! Is a "certain individual back from his trip?" I think so!

Wonderfully amusing, and a pleasure to read such a light-hearted approach to this weeks topic.

Great fun!

God Bless~
04/26/14
Ouch...I truly felt your pain. During the first 11 years of my life I never saw a dentist because my single mom could not afford it. At 11 I went to live with an Aunt who took me for the first time and I had a lot of cavities to be sure. In those days the dentist gave a choice of painkiller or no painkiller for filling cavities - guess what was chosen for me? Yeah, I stay away from the dentists at all costs these days.

Anyway, enough about me, your story was great. You captured everything perfectly and I really appreciated the perspective.

Great job!
04/26/14
Great voice! I could feel the anxiety and the way you tied it together with a spiritual application is wonderful.
04/28/14
A most enjoyable and amusing read - except for all the dental details! I don't like dentists much either (sorry dentists!). You've done well with this, and the punch line was great!
04/28/14
Wonderfully light, funny and enjoyable. You even "sharpened" my mind by teaching me of a new phobia: "aichmophobia". TY

When I saw your subject material I almost stopped reading. I have a strong fear of dentists and a swiftly approaching appointment. I've been to some bad dentists who seemed to be merely drilling for riches at my expense and pain. Thank you for the chuckles!
Very well written. I liked the line about the untameable tongue tangling with the drill. I can so relate! Good job--keep writing!
04/29/14
Very enjoyable fun read!
05/01/14
Congrats! I thought for sure that this was one of Noel's. I was fooled! Excellent job with this entire piece. I loved it, so did my friends!

God bless~
05/01/14
Ha! I had this pegged for Noel too! The crown has been stolen! Once again, you did a great job with this story and absolutely deserve the EC placement. Congratulations!
05/02/14
Talk about hitting a nerve! This left me squirming and thankful that I wasn't in the "hot seat." Very well done! Congratulations!