The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 977 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/22/13
Excellent work here, with a clear ring of authenticity. The title introduces us to a range of characters, drama and tension, with a beautiful close that bursts a balloon-shaped ego.
11/23/13
Oh wow, Camille what a bomb Lena dropped! I would have given a pretty penny to be there that day! My mouth is hanging wide open still.

Great writing, great story, and now I am laughing out loud. Lena the Tiny Giant for sure! Excellent!
11/27/13
Yippee! I loved this article, and a true story to boot; it doesn't get any better than that for me! On the technical side of things, your first commenter said it better than I could, so I'll just add my agreement to his comments. I really didn't see this ending coming, but the suspense built in such a way that about anything might have been the finish...well, anything other than what really happened. I totally didn't see that coming. Nice job on this uplifting story.
11/28/13
Congratulations, Camille!

Wing His Words
11/28/13
Congratulation dear, on your well deserved EC!.Lena the Tiny Giant was outstanding writing and one of the best stories I've read in a long time!
11/28/13
Oh how I love this story. It has absolutely everything to keep this reader riveted. I felt that I knew Lena personally through your excellent portrayal of her character, and I was so pleased when she took that uncaring, hard hearted Carol down a peg or two. Congratulations on a well deserved EC placing.
11/28/13
Congratulations on your EC!

Thanks for sharing this lovely story of your experience. God bless.
11/29/13
Congratulations on your EC. It's EC 2 C Y it r8ed so well.
11/30/13
Congratulations on your 6th place EC. Your story is touching, engaging and has a satisfying end (someone getting her comeupance!). The fact that it's a true story makes it even better. Well told.
12/05/13
I just loved how you were able to use your true and poignant memories to create a wonderful entry.
Thank you for sharing these characters with us.