The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1453 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Well told. Very nostalgic. God bless you.
06/16/13
I really enjoyed hearing about the Fais Do-do and you created a lovely story around it. (True?) I even knew some of the French words, from my school-days French. Well done!
06/17/13
Unique history woven into a good story. Great writing.
06/20/13
I completely enjoyed your ethnically rich story. Your descriptions put me right in the center of the celebration. I may be related to some of these southern Louisiana Cajuns. :) Congrats on your level award and your EC!
06/20/13
Congratulations! Well deserved EC and great writing.
06/20/13
A half century has passed since my last French class, so I was delighted not to need the translations you so graciously provided. Great story telling! Congratulations on your win!
Oh this is so wonderful to read Karen and is like an excerpt from another life! Your description of these family/community times is so vivid that the reader is almost there! A beautiful story too - 'hum' wasn't the easiest of topics was it but you were spot on! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely tale and thank you too for your kind comments.
06/20/13
Congratulations on your EC and level placements with this delightful slice of life from Cajun country. You truly are a gifted writer.
06/20/13
As with most folks the older I get the more fascinated I become with history. Thank you for this delightful step back in time and congratulations on your EC placing.