The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1881 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is such a powerful poem. You do a wonderful job of painting a picture with your words as they flow effortlessly off the page.
03/14/13
Oh, this was so precious. Thank you. God bless~
03/15/13
This is a lovely poem in its message, its rhythm and rhyme and its use of words. I especially like these lines:
'Glad I am that Heaven’s Surgeon
Plied His scalpel to my soul'.
Well done!
03/16/13
Clear and pointed power in this picture of the Spirit's sword. Thanks for this submission.
Excellent. God bless you.
Wonderful. This is beautiful in flow and thought . . .
Congratulations on your well deserved 1st place. Congratulations!
This is eloquent. It is a balm for the soul.
03/21/13
Rhyme and rhythm great, but substance far greater.

"Who can know where soul meets spirit? Who can prise these two apart?"

Mmm,Mmm,Mmm, deliciously poetic.:-) Congratulations for your first place win!!
03/21/13
Congratulations on winning with this potent dose of reality.
Beautifully written; it flows like cleansing water.
Wow Vincent - thank you for this wonderful and powerful poem. Every verse has a line in it that 'cuts' straight through to the heart with recognition and truth. I love particularly your penultumate verse - 'His anointed scalpel' - wonderful! You brought us all to rejoice with you in the last verse to bless the Lord with joyful souls. Thank you again. Many congratulations on your more than well deserved first place.
Your poem is actually a picture of poetry in surgical- motion, every stanza dove tails into the next so precisely and beautifully. I love how you talk about God's word... Your stanza's are like poems in and of themselves and yet all together they build a a luscious cake for the eating with the pice de resistance at the end as the frosting. The joy-filled life you have with the Lord because of the precision work He has done in you brings this poem full circle as you are now giving your life as a gift back to Him. Wonderful writing, such a pleasure to read. Congratulations on this treasure.
"Glad I am that Heaven’s Surgeon
Plied His scalpel to my soul
Excised every sinful burden
Injected life and made me whole—
Now bless the Lord my joyful soul!"

I so enjoyed reading your poem. Congratulations on your 1st place level win and your 1st place EC. Well deserved. Keep writing.
03/22/13
Congratulations Vincent on your 1st place in Masters and in EC. Both are well deserved!
03/22/13
Congratulations on your well deserved win! Masterfully worded poem gives awesome vision of God's word at work on sin!
03/23/13
I agree with previous comments, this is masterful. Your writing is wonderful is every aspect. Super congrats on your top placing with this.
03/23/13
Skilled and powerful poetry. No wonder you took first place. Congratulations.
03/24/13
Congratulations on your 1st place EC. Nobody can pen poetry like you.