The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1650 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/13/12
Beautifully written, almost like a "poem within a story." Loved it.

God Bless~
09/14/12
Wonderfully written fantasy, filled with imaginative characters and a message for people of all ages. Two big thumbs up for this creative entry.
09/14/12
I loved your whimsical story. It reminds me a bit of C S Lewis' Narnia stories. It was enchanting. Just one word I question:in the second paragrah did you mean 'cowered' rather than 'coward'? Well done.
09/14/12
ahhh...this was a deliciously delightful tale with such beautiful decriptive imagery and some great little characters...i could see them in a succession of childrens fairy tales...a truly wonderful piece!
09/18/12
Simply enchanting! A tale I will share with my granddaughter.
09/18/12
Writings like this tell it will be a loonnng time before I make to level 4! Excellently written (is that a word?) and such a wonderful, delightful story.

Loved it....

God Bless
09/19/12
Wow! I thought I was in the midst of a C.S. Lewis story. Superb! Loved it. God bless!
09/19/12
This is pulsating with timeless beauty and innocence. As others have noted, CS Lewis has someone moving into his neighbourhood. Loved it for its creativity.
09/19/12
The poetic descriptions would have given you away as author even if I wasn't following your brick-tossing link!! You truly have a wise and wonderful way with words!! :D As others have said, this tale is simply delightful!!
09/20/12
What a rich, delightful story to read! I loved the poetic voice, the characters, the atmosphere created, and the message. Everything. Excellent.
09/20/12
WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO, LOREN!!!! :D :D CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 2ND PLACE E.C. AND IN MASTERS!!!!!!!! I am not surprised at all for your wins, as this story was superbly crafted and had a wonderful message, too! WAY TO WRITE!!!! :) (And I agree that sometimes it is wise to eat dessert first!)
09/20/12
I became totally immersed in your magical tale and am so pleased to see your creativity rewarded with an Editor's Choice award. The images you give your reader are exquisite!
09/20/12
WOW! It's all been said already. This is magical and so deserving of your win. Congratulations.
You had me hooked right from the start with your wonderful descriptions! You painted such a beautiful picture that draws the reader right in. Wonderful writing. Thank you for this - as others have said, a touch of Narnia!
09/20/12
Congratulaions...I'm still smiling as I read your tale once again:)
09/20/12
Beautiful, poetic, and so happy for you. Congrats on your win and EC!

God Bless~
09/20/12
Congrats on your EC!
God Bless~
09/21/12
Way to go Loren! Congratulations.
09/21/12
Oh, I loved this! And regarding:

"Disbelief became suspended in the aura of these new comrades."

Well, I think that says it all. Beautiful, enchanting story. Congratulations on your EC!
10/02/12
Congratulations Loren! Good job!