The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1215 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/26/12
Complex, deep, gripping, beautifully and masterfully written uncovering the topic in a creative and moving manner.
07/26/12
Powerfully compelling in all aspects. I am overwhelmed with this piece. Beautifully done. Thanks.

God bless~
07/27/12
A very stirring piece that reflects on a tragic piece of history. Your words brought this sad time to life for this reader.
07/28/12
Masterfully done poem in all aspects. What a powerful and gripping vision having a pot-luck for that reason. Enjoyed the read.
Dark, dreary, but with hope at the end as survivors come together to share what they have. Love this poem!
07/28/12
Very creative take on the topic. I like this!
This is a powerful poem. I think a lot of it went over my head and if not for the footnote I would have had an even harder time understanding it. Although my ability to comprehend some poetry, I still felt tingles at the descriptions you painted. The rhyme and rhythm were amazing and left me in awe of your talent. Though I do see the connection to the era and the variety of the different levels of people described, I think some might think it's weak on topic. It reminded me a great deal of Shakespeare-- though over my head, I can still appreciate the beauty of the words and the talent it takes to compose such a piece.
07/30/12
Very descriptive imagery of a dreadful period of history.
07/30/12
Very creative.
I think you set and maintained the mood of this piece beautifully. The wording couldn't have been more perfect for the theme and along the way not only was I entertained and challenged, bu was taught something I'd not known. Great job.
07/31/12
WOW! I really got into this one, and I realize now I have never really written poetry....This is excellent!

Beautiful words and message.
07/31/12
Wow! Beautiful wordsmithing, excellent form. I love it all (the subject matter may be a little "dark") :) , but I like how you presented it.
08/02/12
Wow. This is an incredible piece! The way it moves, the passion---this will place and place high. Well done, author, VERY well done!
08/02/12
This is incredibly great poetry.
08/02/12
This is incredibly great poetry.