The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 868 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/13/12
This is a very heart-warming story of a chance meeting that had a happy ending; and one that held my attention throughout.

I noticed a few errors in grammar and spelling.

You did a great job of staying on topic in a very subtle, delightful way.


07/13/12
Nice, light romance with a bit of comedy and some thoughtfulness thrown in! I loved your characterization of the dog Buck, too. Your descriptive words, such as "freckling shadows" and "scudding clouds" were effective. (The location sounds just like Seattle to me! :) )
07/13/12
Oh I loved this! A sheer delight to read. Great descriptive piece with wonderful realistic dialogue. Nicely done, and the humor made it perfect.

God bless~
07/16/12
Lovely. This one is subtle and seamless. Enjoyed it very much.
This is beautiful. I've read quite a few romantic picnics this week but you put a twist on it by adding the patient and Buck. Nice job!
07/20/12
Ha! I was right! I had no idea this was your story, Loren, but I knew it sounded like home! Harbor View, bad weather, and all! :)
Congratulations for placing 9th in Masters and 11th overall!