The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1011 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Cute, humorous, and fun! One can almost see the watching parent, holding their breath and biting lower lip at the suspense!
05/25/12
Awww. I loved this. Great job of capturing the moments of "his first steps" and the internal emotions of all involved. Thanks.

God bless~
05/27/12
Oh, this was so precious! You absolutely captured Benny's inner battle and I was sooo rooting for him. I suspect little Benny is going to be a victor in life full of determination.
I think this is a brilliant piece of writing. You captivated me from the first words.

The only thing I would have liked is to know who Laura and Joy were. I figured Laura was a girl and Joy maybe a dog but not sure. I guess she could be another baby slightly older.

The sweet little Bennie did tug at my heart. What a clever and unique take on the topic. I often wonder what is going on in little ones' minds. You did a spectacular job of showing me.
05/27/12
Oh, this is GREAT! Sometimes you really can see babies thinking things through like this. I loved this.
05/27/12
This was a delightful read. I felt the determination grow, I cringed at the risk of a floor crawler among many feet, but I still didn't expect the steps.

Thank you.
05/28/12
I loved this line:
"Benny didn’t like being Joy’s pony."

Cute story!
05/29/12
Benny's frustration was tangible. You did great putting the reader in Benny's booties. :) The relief and accomplishment felt good. :) Super work!
I loved this and remember so well the story my mother loved to tell about how she and my dad tried to get me to walk; then one day I just stood up and walked all the way around the table.
06/01/12
Congratulations! God Bless~