The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1381 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/05/12
I love this confession-writing! It is thought provoking, mind-bending, and causes the reader to think of their own sin (that preferably would stay hidden out of sight). Praise God for this writing, it is well written and shows that riches are in the eyes of the beholder.

Good job!
05/05/12
What an honest and through provoking entry. So many of us can relate to this confessional. I too am guilty of looking at the "big time number one selling authors" and think, "hmmm that must be such a great feeling." But, then realize God gave me a gift for His pleasure to fulfill it on His level...not mine.

This spoke to me very loudly and on so many different levels.

Thanks for your honesty and for this lovely powerful entry.

God Bless~
05/05/12
What an honest and thought provoking entry. So many of us can relate to this confessional. I too am guilty of looking at the "big time number one selling authors" and think, "hmmm that must be such a great feeling." But, then realize God gave me a gift for His pleasure to fulfill it on His level...not mine.

This spoke to me very loudly and on so many different levels.

Thanks for your honesty and for this lovely powerful entry.

God Bless~



Nice tone to this story... honest and confessional but not self-deprecating or whiny. That can be a hard voice to capture and you have done it very well.
This story punched me right in the gut. For I too want and sometimes think need those atta-girls. The song from Fame runs through my head every so often. "I wanna live forever, Fame Remember my name. I think most of us can relate to that on some level. Once my minister asked what would you think if you were to find out your only purpose in life is to smile at the check-out girl at the store. Oh the rumblings in that church, we all wanted to be more. But by following God's prodding and smiling at a clerk could cause a ripple effect beyond our imaginations. Your piece reminding me that whatever purpose God has planned for me, if I obey, he will turn it into something spectacular.
05/10/12
Nothing is more beautiful in the eyes of the Lord, than one's heart layed out on the table, bloody and still pumping.

Magnificent entry. Congratulations on your placing, but you'll be getting no atta-girl's from me.

Okay, just one: Atta girl!
05/10/12
Congratulations and God Bless~
05/10/12
I'm not sure what an Atta girl is but it seems to fit somehow. So a big congratulations on your placing for this open and honest entry. Atta girl!
05/10/12
I'm not sure what an Atta girl is but it seems to fit somehow. So a big congratulations on your placing for this open and honest entry. Atta girl!
05/10/12
Congratulations! Well done!
Hi -

You write because we need to read what you express.

I sure needed to read this today...only GOD knows how much.

Thank you for continuing to press on with your writing gift!

Our labor is never in vain in our Lord!
05/23/12
I loved this article and I love you without even knowing you! You win in my book. :)
05/26/12
Margaret, I'm going to feature this excellent article on the Front Page Showcase for the week of June 4. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!
06/05/12
Margaret, I just posted your article for the showcase. I had not read it before but it is great. I agree with a lot of the other comments. Thanks for reminding me of what my focus needs to be. Doing Gods will and not mine.
God Bless, Mike Edwards