The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1520 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/26/12
So heart wrenching, your story.

Sometimes decisions we make hurt us so much more than they should, and this story forces the thoughtfulness of the process our loved ones must walk through with aging.

Why does it have to be so hard?

Powerful writing, so poignant.

04/27/12
These words are written with heartache but tied together with such a tender thread of sacrificial love. I can't say I "enjoyed" reading it, but I can say it reached into deep places and left a lasting impression.
~Cathy~
04/28/12
This sad story was beautifully written. You captured his honest emotions and the whole scene.
04/29/12
My heart ached reading this poignant and powerful entry. You have managed to touch on the emotions of someone watching a loved one battle Alzheimer's as they slip away before their eyes.

Beautifully written, and most worthy of a ribbon.

Thank you for sharing this.

God Bless~
05/03/12
Oh wow, what devotion! Congratulations on a very well deserved win.
This is so beautifully written and well deserving of its EC placing. Very apt title too. Its hauntingly familiar to all of us who have had a loved one with this dreadful illness. A reminder of the pain and sadness but also of the way God carried us through every step. Thank you for this beautiful piece.
05/03/12
Great and gripping writing. Congratulations on your placing
The emotional agony in this story hits my heart. Sensational writing of a very sad situation.