The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 888 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/29/12
This was intense and powerful...Completely on topic and so well written.

Thank you. God Bless~
04/30/12
What a great picture of the inner struggle we face in choosing between our past and the future God has planned for us. We want what he wants for us, but what we had is always still calling out, trying to draw us back. But, if we break and submit ourselves to Him, he takes care of locking that door to our past for us. At least, that's what I got out of your entry, and I needed to hear it, too. Thanks!
05/01/12
This is really deep and poetic. Great job.
05/01/12
Wonderful and creative way to describe what Jesus does for us by closing off the doors of our past, so we can walk free from into the future.

It also reminds me of the struggle we all endure...Matthew 26:41
"... The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Great work!
05/01/12
Awesomely powerful message, creatively woven.
05/01/12
It reminded me of the Israelites in Egypt, smearing the lamb's blood on their doorposts. And indeed, like you showed here, it is the Lamb's blood - the cross - that causes death to pass over us so that we are not "a memorial to our own weakness and foolishness."

Wonderful imagery. Very true words. Well done!
05/02/12
Excellent! This entry had so much in it and the message was loud and clear. Your writing is impressive!
05/03/12
When one door closes...

You made the point very well and I was reminded to always look for the forward facing door that the Lord always opens when He slams one shut behind us.

Good, creative writing.