The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1262 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/26/12
Loved how the conversation flowed here...I would love to see more of this story.

The characters were vivid, real and heartbreaking.

Thanks for sharing this!
04/29/12
The dialogue was realistic and the characters were three dimensional, and the story itself was powerful. I enjoyed the entire piece, thank you. God Bless~
04/30/12
Great job with this topic. I love your last line and how it illustrates that all of our wordly solutions are temporary solutions. The contrast to the answer Robert has found is stark.
05/01/12
You really nailed the characters in so short a story. You ended it really well too. Awesome job in 750 words. Power-packed!
05/01/12
Awesome! The dialogue was real, the story was bittersweet....:D
05/01/12
Excellent job. So much dynamite packed into so few words. Grippingly realistic.
05/02/12
Your story flowed so well, reading it was effortless . I was led along word by word as your character worked through his memories then grappled with his childhood friend's life change and testimony.
Cathy
05/02/12
We are all influenced by how we are brought up and your story tells this reader that there can be changes. This was a smooth, fast-paced story which held this reader's attention from the beginning. Very good!
Wow this is so powerful, and sad and filled with hope. I loved it.
05/03/12
This is a powerful one for sure. Spot on about what it means to not look back. Congratulations on the EC!
Congrats on your well-deserved EC, my friend. As always, your writing sucked me in and held me tight. WTG!
05/03/12
Congratulations on the EC. Well deserved for this great story.
05/03/12
Wow! This was so emotion-filled. What a message! I love the "On the Rock" title and allusion. Super congrats on your EC, Mari!