The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1297 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/03/12
Beautifully written...And, "just a mother" is the biggest job of all. I loved this...thanks. God bless~
02/03/12
I think we were one a similar train of thought this week! I can really relate to this poem. I grew up in a a church that encouraged women in ministry and leadership.

This was great and I was very active in my church, but then I married and became a mum; suddenly, I could barely listen to a sermon, let alone be of any 'use' to anyone. It took about 4 or 5 years, but God was able to show me that of all my ministries, raising my boys is by far the most important role I will ever have. I wish I had been better prepared for that role, but God is gracious and kind.

Thank you so much for writing this poem, it's a wonderful encouragement for those of us in what can be a seemingly-thankless job. Well done.
02/06/12
Beautiful poem, beautiful message. I especially liked your last two stanzas.
02/06/12
This is great and my heart exactly. A mentor once told me I was writing "living epistles" when I was raising my children.
Good job!
Beautiful thoughts. I felt the meter was a little forced in some places but otherwise enjoyed it. God uses us in different ways during different seasons of our lives, and I think motherhood is one of the most vital.