The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2537 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/05/11
Oh, I love this. Joplin hits close to home for me, since I'm a Missourian.

My only gripe (and it's a very minor personal one. :) ) is I wish the wife had come around a bit sooner and we had seen her positive response. But I realized you did paint a very realistic picture.

Great job! I really enjoyed this.
This is delightful! As the wife of a geek I could really relate to the MC. I think you did a great job covering the topic in a fresh, fun way.
haha, this was fun! Great descriptions and characterizations, awesome job.
11/09/11
Funny stuff! Good job with this. I really enjoyed it.

God Bless~
11/12/11
Love the humour here, and the love that drives it; and being set in Missouri, this is clearly "Show Me - don't tell me - material.
Well done.
Your first line drew me in. I wanted to know what was going on here.

Very well thought out with humor. I could visualize this story very well.

Nailed the topic.
11/17/11
Superb! I love everything--the dialogue, the sense of humor, everything...congratulations on a well-deserved win!!
Congratulations on your win for a very creative and cleverly written story. I couldn't help but feel sorry for the long-suffering wife and her husband's choice of vacation.
11/17/11
Great job! Congratulations on your win! Fabulous.

God Bless you~
11/18/11
I had a good laugh over this story. I could relate to the wife's perspective.

Congratulations on your win.