The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 866 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/21/11
Aww-I was profoundly touched by your entry. I was hoping by the end of the entry that you would have found "your special someone."

Good job, and so poignant. If this is a true story, I pray you find him soon.

God Bless~
10/22/11
Yes, I agree this was a touching entry. As I read, I could almost feel the pain connected with the loss and the longing to find the person. I hope if this is based on truth and the person is found, the end result of that will be as hoped for. Interesting poem, which shows the importance of the search engine topic as a tool; but also minimizes its importance, as the powerful, wistful words of longing for the person dominates the poem! Good job!
10/22/11
Love this one. Easy to read poem that says a lot.
My husband just found a long-lost (25yrs.) brother through Facebook. So it's as believable as it gets.
I luv poetry and this one is wonderful. The rythmn nice, start to end. Right on topic too. Oh the yearning. God bless your writing mightily.
10/24/11
My brother and I found each other on Facebook after five or six years of silence - his choice, not mine. I sometimes think that we inject into memories only the good times, and pile into our memories unrealistic expectations. I thought the poem was good although I thought your last verse lost the meter with too many syllables.
I really liked this. Often poems seem to go over my head but you spoke directly to my heart. The MC's pain is palpable. Ihope you find what you are searching for :)
11/06/11
I think the best poems have a memorable line. I loved "then laughter walked another path". I also like that you left this unresolved. This is a tribute to the heart rather than the topic -- puts technology nicely in its place. Good storytelling!