The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1276 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/16/11
Chilling to the core. You captured the essence of war I think. Your line about pearls on a fragile thread is very poetic.
06/16/11
Chilling. Very chilling.
06/19/11
Very dark and sad, just like war.
06/19/11
A haunting story of a man breaking on the inide. A great closeup look at the effects of war on a man's psyche. Who knows why one snaps and another carries on? There was some excellent character development here and some great dialogue as well. Really good job.
06/19/11
Your title contrasted so well with war's chilling brutality. The dialogue and the reflections were totally credible and absorbing. Very well done.
06/20/11
A gripping, wartime story. You've made this completely engaging with the realities that accompany wars. Super writing.
06/21/11
This is excellent and terrible. Thank you for such a powerful story.
06/23/11
Wow.
Chilling.
You wrote this in a powerful way. I didn't want to read what I was reading and picturing (haunting) and yet I couldn't stop! Whew. Awesome entry, my friend. Very well done.

I love the dialogue between the soldier and the Sergeant. Felt so real. Excellent.

And now... WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!! :D
Super Congratulations, Pat!!!
So happy for you. :) :)
Congratulations on your so well deserved placing. I found this brilliant story intense and disturbing in its reality but just so excellently written.
06/24/11
Super congrats, Patricia, on your ribbon and Editor's Choice award! This is wonderful!
06/25/11
Very intense. I'm amazed at your writing. Congratulations on your 2nd place EC!