The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 3000 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/16/11
Wow! There is so much emotion here. It would take a long time to analyze this poem. It leaves me with an eerie feeling and I can't shake it. Excellent work.
Ahhhhh you made a new favorite poem from one of my old favorite poems. I love the story and your wonderful word choices.
Outstanding. A winner for sure.
06/16/11
No apology needed from Noyes or from anyone else. Brilliant in concept and colour, and in the creativity of your construction. (How about that for alliteration???)
It deserves to score well.
06/17/11
The stories you weave with your poetic talents never cease to amaze, amuse and entertain me. I expect to see this in the EC list for sure. Great mind pictures throughout this piece that drew me in and kept me there until the closing verse. Excellent!!!!!
06/19/11
This poem's story was captivating from beginning to end. I haven't read the Highwayman before, but believe me, you don't have to apologize for.

If this doesn't make the EC list, I will be very surprised.
06/21/11
I LOVE the Highwayman, so this was a wonderful treat. I recognized it from the first line. Amazing work, as always.
06/21/11
You make FaithWriters a better place, Beth. :) Your poems just lift me up! Wonderful in every way. Keep writing and sharing.
06/22/11
An intriguing read masterfully written. This poem leaves me wanting ... to unravel the puzzlement of Rose's checkout and 'resurrection'—a dream or mistaken identity? An excellent and exceptional piece!
06/23/11
This is too much!:-) You've raised the bar. Totally awesome, and up there with Poe,Noyes and the rest of them:-)

Gotta be a winner!!
Woo Hoo--I'm happy dancin' with you. I KNEW this one had to be a winner. Proud of you, Twin!
06/23/11
A bow to the master! Your creativity and gift truly amazes me.
06/23/11
I recognized the meter of the Highway Man right off and I think you have no need for the apology. I always look forward to your poems, Beth. Always a treat! Congratulations!
Hauntingly beautiful, Beth! I love it. Congratulations on your EC!
07/04/11
Congratulations Beth on your awesome EC win!
08/24/11
Beth, I'm going to feature this on the Front Page Showcase for the week of September 19. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!
Congratulations on being "Showcased." This recognition is highly deserved.