The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1421 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/27/11
What fun! I know exactly what hats you're mentioning from the royal wedding! A favorite line was about storing the hats "in the catacomb?" :) This is great!
I agree, even as a true Brit, I agree! Fantastic poem, written in memory of 29th April?
05/27/11
Yes, as another true Brit I agree. This was a fun read!
05/29/11
A very fun read. I too know of which hats you speak. I am not a Brit, but I do enjoy to watch all the pomp and circumstance.
05/29/11
Hilarious! What amused me (re: Wills & Kate) was listening to the commentators lauding two such items of headdress (whereas I was thinking the girls' stylist should be sent far, far away!). Thanks for the laugh :-))
05/30/11
Thanks for the fun you have shared with us, but don't let it go to your head!!!
This was fun. I liked the image of the catacomb of fancy hats. I also enjoyed the ending – it’s easy to condemn that which is different (and, sometimes, in our way). It’s much better to celebrate it. Well written!
06/02/11
Fabulous fun!! I am so glad this placed so many others can read it and smile. Great stuff! I'm going to read it again. :)
Oh, I like this, Carol! Great job and congratulations on placing in EC!
06/02/11
Carol, Your muse came through for you. Great poem on a contemporary subject. Original, fun and worthy of
praise. Congratulations!!
06/03/11
Carol, how wonderful to see this fun outlandish :) poem recognized as an editor's choice entry! Super congrats!
06/03/11
Carol,

My hat is definitely off to you! Congratulations on making the top ten EC awards.

I am so happy it made it. It is fresh and contemporary.
06/20/11
This is wonderful and creative! Congratulations! I love the word choices and images.