The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2343 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was wonderfully done. Very descriptive, great dialog, and a beautiful finish. Congratulations.
05/07/11
Firstly, the title captured my attention immediately!

Then, the story itself was beautiful. It can be so hard pleasing family, (I'm so thankful I have pleasant in-laws who are very gracious with my cooking!). I loved the old style way of speaking, too. Well done.
05/10/11
I loved this, from the tenderness shown by Cam, contrasted with the long-held grudge held by his mother. The blowout moment and result was genius! Heart-warming and exquisite!
This was an enjoyable read. The characters a delight and your did wonders with the dialog.
05/10/11
Love the Irish accents! They came through beautifully. I enjoyed this sweet and creative story with its romantic hues. It must have taken a ton of research! Perfect blowout moment.
Excellent writing. A plate of haggis is not overwhelmingly popular today and I suspect, not much has changed. I saw it on the menu in a Scottish restaurant and the waitress almost died laughing when I asked about it. I passed it up.
05/12/11
Annnnnd the award goes to ...

the ever-perfect-entry-writer, Ann Grover!!!

*Thundrous Applause* :D
05/12/11
Congrats, Ann! I love this!
05/13/11
I loved this story. Both of my dad's parents came from Scotland and spoke with the brogue. Your descriptions and characters are wonderfully depicted.

You are a wonderful storyteller. Are you working on a novel? I think you would do very well in the Christian market.