The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2644 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/07/11
Wow! Awesome way to tell this story. Very original:)
Hooray indeed! This so reminds me of the ballad of Pecos Bill. I loved the way it built upon itself, gaining weight - as it were - to the climax. This is a wonderful way to re-tell such an important Biblical parable in that it will reach a new audience.
Well done! This was a joy to read from beginning to end.
05/10/11
Will I ever?...Perhaps someday I'll reach the level of originality this poem displays. Loved the rhyme, rhythmn and repetitious refrain. Extra points for the title!
05/10/11
Sheer genius! Masterful poetry as usual. :)
What can I say, no ... I must shout, OLE!
05/11/11
This is an interesting approach capturing the story of the prodigal son in an illustrative display. Excellent work!
05/12/11
Marvelous win! Congrats!
Beth, this is wonderful and a very well deserved win. I've been mulling on writing a 'This is the house that Jack built' poem recently but I would never have thought of using this Biblical account, and would never have had your wonderful word choices and rhymes. Fantastic.
05/12/11
Sensational! I just stand in constant awe of your talent. Amazingly creative and absolutely deserving of this award.
This is the woman who has no dismay for marveling at talents you always display!

I love this! Congratulations!
05/12/11
Brilliant! What else is there to say that hasn't already? Congratulations!
05/13/11
Wow! This is great...and well deserved the EC! Congratulations, Bethy
05/13/11
I think you should have this illustrated and made into a children's book.

Brillant job! Congratulations on a much deserved EC award.
This is masterful! I like to write poetry, but this is awesome work. I agree with Bonnie. It should be formatted into a child's book.
05/18/11
Wonderful and clever. Great way to retell an ancient story of Father's love.
06/03/11
Amazing work. This inspires me. Congratulations!
Great job. I was trying my hand at this using the The House That JackBuilt technique and had it a little differently. This is well done!! I love reading your pieces.You have a gift for creativity and often humorous expression in many of your entries. Love it all!:)