The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1034 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow, how dramatic. Really touched me.

At the beginning I was confused as to where everyone was and why. Her 'family' on the beach, yet she was with her dad...she wanted to be alone, but go with him. Took me a bit to sort it out, but nothing major.

Thank you for writing this tribute. Awesome.

Very good. Strong writing, inspiring. Great job creating emotion in this piece.
This left my heart pounding. I can't imagine the fear and the unknown that so many are experiencing right now. Very well-done Tiny red ink in the beginning you used where instead of were. But the story was so suspenseful and wonderful. I I almost didn't note it. Well. done.
03/20/11
So moving and very creative to make it a monologue rather than a short story. Excellent.
03/20/11
Thank you for paying homage to all the brave men and women in Japan. I'm sure in the midst of all the horror, we will hear a few of the miraculous survivor's stories as well.
03/20/11
Various entries have covered the tragedy that hit Japan--every one a deserving read--but this one is more haunting as it is told from a survivor's POV. Very good.
Congratulations for placing 11th in your level and 19th overall!