The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1721 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/31/10
I knew something was up when the note had such poor spelling, and the entire scene reminded of the old TV show F-Troop. (Before your time, I think)


Ah, the simple play of kids!
I knew something was afoot from the names you chose for your soldiers - I was thinking it was going to be Biblical, except I couldn't think of a William in the New Testament. :) What an original, creative idea! I enjoyed every minute.
10/31/10
Such fun! I was thrown at first, but caught on when more characters with only first names were introduced. Unique take on this topic, so it's a winner in my book!
Very fun read. I didn't suspect the what was happening until William got captured. I enjoyed this.
10/31/10
Very cute. Reads true. Children at play are just a joy to watch. Sometimes people miss this simple pleasure because of busy lives. I took this entry as a reminder to sometimes take the time to watch them.
This was a delight to read. This is one of my favorite genres and I devour YA and tween stories as readily as suspense and mystery. You had a combination of my two favorite genres here. Very enjoyable read!
Great story...I had to read it a second time to check out all your foreshadowing. I really enjoyed "watching" the kids at play.
Definitely an LOL and "I" definitely remember F Troop! This would have fit the show perfectly. This was refreshing in cauzing the reader to reminisce about childhood war games and the like. Enjoyed the unique approach.
11/01/10
Your hints were so subtle, but I did catch on before the cover was blown. That made it even more fun. Great job!
11/01/10
Oh, so good! I have to admit - I didn't know what was going on until the very end. I assumed that the Captain was just poorly educated. As a mom of 4 fort-playing, military-wanna-be sons, I thoroughly enjoyed this! Great writing!
11/04/10
Great job, Leah. This unfolded at just the right pace. Although I anticipated a barrage of pine cones to pelt the girl. Congratulations on your EC!
Congratulations on your EC! Way to go :)
Congratulations on your EC! Way to go :)
11/04/10
:) What fun! What creativity! Congrats, Leah!
11/05/10
Leah can write!!!!!!! Great job and congrats on EC.
God bless.
11/11/10
When Capt. James was called Jimmy I thought this must be kids at play. Very real, lots of fun and you truly entertained me. So glad that this was recognized for the talented content.