The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1363 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/09/10
There is so much truth to this that it's sad. We need to pray daily for this country and its citizens.
09/09/10
Really good thoughts here and I agree completely. I wish that more respect was shown for our country and that all activity, regardless of where, would stop during the 4 minutes or so that the anthem plays. That's something I am attempting to teach my children. Very good!
09/12/10
I liked your final question
U
You make so many good points in this piece. I've been brazen enough to whispher to the man next to me please remove your hat. I've never had anyone challenge me but I figure those who fought for me deserve that respect.
09/16/10
Powerful words.


Like your last line indicates do we have to be in "the zone" so to speak, to be alerted to these issues?

09/16/10
Awesome, Cat. As a dear friend of someone who did indeed leave home as a mere child and came back in a wheelchair, I often struggle with this in my peers. Thanks for the well-written reminder.
Oooo, I skimmed over the first part of this once before and didn't stay to read, and now with brick throwing I read it all and discovered I'd missed a great article with a great point. I'll bet you could tweek this a tad and get it published in a magazine.