The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1953 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
So vivid I can see the loving granddad and the little boy walking up the country road. Hear the curious little guy questioning the one loves. A bit sad at the end but as the butterfly appears there is a silent hope also from the Maker that the best is yet ahead.
A wonderful example of teaching opportunities being realized, complete with warm fuzzy feelings. Great writing.
07/16/10
Delightful read! I loved the little boy with such an inquisitive nature and the wise grandpa who never missed an opportunity to teach him about Jesus.
What a beautiful narrative poem, with so many pictures to savor, and so many thoughts to inspire.--a favorite for me.
07/18/10
What a lovely story, told with grace and beauty.
This is just lovely - such a wonderful variety of lessons to learn and fantastic rhymes - as always. I particularly love the ending. Just great!
07/20/10
Wonderful poem. Loved every part.God Bless Youu, Ruth
07/22/10
Beth, this was truly moving! I'm a huge fan of your writing but I think this one tops them all for me! This grandmother heard the sound of love and wisdom in this piece and the opportunities we have with our grandchildren. Congratulations on this well deserved EC.
07/22/10
Congratulations Beth on scoring an EC with this delightful, image packed, message driven poem.
07/22/10
Thank you for your comment, Beth!
You have a winner here. (I know because I visit the boards)

You are such a thoughtful encourager!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR EDITOR'S CHOICE!
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and for the Editor's Choice.
07/22/10
Beth truly one of the most moving poems i have ever read. Its beautiful, and thats all i can find my lips to say...oh congrats for finishing in the Editors top ten!
07/23/10
Awww, I could see this pair, their wonderful journey of discovery, and their love for each other. This is beautiful. Congratulations on your EC! It is well deserved.
07/23/10
Ahhh...Bethy, you made me cry! I could see the ending coming, but it still got to me. ((hugs))
07/23/10
Wow! Wow! Can't think of anything else to say. Congratulations on your EC!
07/24/10
Oh man, Beth. I'm a puddle mess now. Very smooth and gentle...and sad. Congrats on the EC.
This is exquisite. It rhymes easily and scans beautifully while all the time telling a fabulous story. I don’t find it sad. Granddad is home and the boy has lesson in living and dying that we all seem so frightened to learn or to teach. This is going in my favourites and thank-you.
Another excellent write Beth, Right On!!!!!!!!!!!
God has blessed you with your own unique way of storytelling via poetry and it shines forth . An evident token of His blessing upon your life. Have a great day!