The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1498 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/01/10
I am the Ghost of Thursday Yet to Come, and I foresee a winner... :)

Wow--this is amazing... a clever, humorous, intriguing spot-on parody. How did you manage to do all that with 750 words? I'm in awe! Very, very well done.
Delightful creativity here; well written, great dialogue and story-telling. Descriptions were good; I was drawn right in. What fun!
06/01/10
Save me from the spirits of my past! Whatever has lingered will likely become a part of my future.

Very creative! Wouldn't be surprised a bit to see a winner in this one.
Loved this cascaded journey. Also reaped a harvest of valuable inspiration!
Wow! Awesome! Very funny but true!
Loved the names of the boots.
06/02/10
Incredible! I not only liked Mr. Finch but your creavity oozed all over the place. You did a lot with 750 words. This is one of my favorites.
Wow- I too was wondering how to get the whole story out within the word count and you did a fine job by choosing just the right words. Well done--an enjoyable read.
06/02/10
I had to grin from the first line. Ah, such a wonderful tribute to Dickens. And this story! My favorite this week. Amazing creativity.
06/02/10
This is my favorite. 'nough said.
I love reading Dickens and I loved reading this. Mr. Finch and the ghosts were very entertaining. And yes I do know what tale you parodied very well. Keep writing.
06/03/10
Congratulations on your EC Ann. This was extremely creative and very fun to read. My favourite line: "google it, lad" :-)
06/03/10
Congrats, Ann. This is so fresh and on topic. Just great.


Mona
06/03/10
So glad to see this in the top list. Congratulations on the EC - and it's still my favorite story this week. :D
06/04/10
YOU are just absolutely TOO much, Ann. You can write anything!

Delicious fun! Awesome creativity.

LOVED IT. I'm going back for a second read.
06/04/10
Ah... I LOVE this, and your allusion to Dicken's story! The spirit names were so perfect! Then your ending "God bless us" ... Congrats, Ann, on your Editor's Choice award! This is a favorite! :)
06/09/10
This fun and entertaining entry struck many a chord with me. I understood this story's Scrooge and the spirits filled me with inspiration. Great job.