The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1454 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/05/10
Disturbing, but not too unpleasant. I like how the story ends.
03/05/10
This is so sad but true for so many little girls. I'm glad she fought back. Very good writing. Now I have goose bumps.
This is outstanding. I pray all girls in this situation have the strength your MC showed.
03/05/10
Very well told with a strong ending.
03/06/10
How vulnerable and insensitive to violence our kids are today. And a lot of that has to do with the garbage on TV and in video games. What you have written is truer than fiction.
03/08/10
Wonderfully crafted. First person present tense is hard to pull off without seeming intrusive, and you do it seamlessly. Powerful message.
03/08/10
Excellent read from a fearlesss author. A tricky presentation and a challenging topic in so few words, but you pulled it off. Great reader involvment. Super job. God bless.
03/10/10
Gripping story. I admire her for seeking help from One who is able.
I agree with the above, and add my kudos. Dark tale until your MC realizes her strength in the Lord and acts on it. Well told.
03/10/10
You've captured it all very well—the flashback, the present, and the mix of emotions.
03/11/10
This is a chilling piece, dynamic in its emotion and reality. Thank goodness this is one Brad that will be stopped in his footsteps.
Great title and absolutely excellent piece, as usual, Sandy! Congrats on your EC.
03/11/10
Super congrats on your Editor's Choice!