The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1291 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/14/09
Congratulations on giving us a glimpse of how God needs freedom to answer our prayer from a deeper perspective than our preferred agenda. You have taken us into the pain - and beyond it. Great sensitivity in your surprise ending.
11/16/09
This story held my attention all the way through, and is so sad. I am sorry something like this is really going on in your life. You wonder what hurts worse- the cancer or the betrayal. Good job.
Your title is so fitting, the story almost beyond comprehension. Such indifference is impossible to fathom - it is good that we have a God that can rescue our brothers and sisters from depths we can never understand.
11/16/09
You can really feel the raw reality here. Love the ending, with its visual imagery.
11/16/09
Jan may have captured my experience of this piece in the most descriptive way - such a portrayal of raw reality - it possesses an almost documentary tone in its pacing ... my, how hard the human heart can become -

Bravely told.
I agree with previous comments: a horrendous story, but told with sensitivity, strength and understanding of the grace of God. My prayers are with the family and friends.
11/18/09
So sad... God doesn't always heal the physical pain, but His ways are much better than we could ever know.
11/18/09
This must have been a terribly difficult story to tell, but you managed honesty without bitterness... a difficult balancing act, to be sure. Thank you for your courage in sharing this sad, sad story, and for the tribute to God's mercies, too.
A tribute to the grace and the wisdom of God. Very well written.
11/19/09
What an exchange! Beautifully written! Laura