The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1869 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/23/09
Proverbs 3:27 "Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it."

I would not know what to do if I were in Angela's place. I'd be lost, and helpless. Thank you for her example of earnest prayer while in that critical decision-making... (and service for GOD, smile).

I can only be left to cry out to GOD for wisdom and be "full of mercy". (James 3:17)

God bless you in His tender mercies and love.

Excellent writing. Thanks.

I honestly don't know how or even if I could act in similar circumstances. I've seen in re-enacted in war movies, but the reality of actually having to make such decisions is daunting and it must be by God's grace there are those able to do so. Very unique take on this week's theme and well executed.
10/23/09
I've always admired those gifted with the ability to help others in such dire circumstances. Your story's mood of urgency tied in nicely to your ending sentence.
10/25/09
Wow well done
So much to think about. Although I've never done triage, being a (former) nurse, I can relate to this. I thought this was very well done. Okay, I'll admit it, it made me cry.
10/28/09
I have goose bumps. I'm glad she gave the boy the red band. I would never want to be in this situation. Really like this story.
10/28/09
*tears* Wow! I could feel the emotions. My heart was pounding. The ending was perfect, so touching, so true!
10/28/09
Leah, this is definitely one of your best. So very, very good!
The story is exciting, and your writing is good (as always). I feel a little let down by the ending. Although I LOVE the MC's revelation, the story feels almost unfinished. Maybe if you would have tied putting the red band on the little boy and "redeeming him" to Jesus putting a red band on you, instead of God putting a black band of death on you? Just my thoughts - I enjoyed the drama, plus I learned about Triage. I wouldn't want that job.
I felt the emotional impact all the way through your excellent story (more than worthy of EC, and was happy to see the red band on the boy. Your analogy was perfect at the end. I appreciate good nurses for the decisions they must make every day. I especially like how you showed your nurse's dependence on God.
10/29/09
Very compelling. I found my mind wandering off to those poor people being sent to the morgue alive. that in itself could be a sequal or another chapter to this story. Congratulations on your EC! Woohoo!
10/29/09
Wow, you take the reader into the urgency of the situation. I'm going to send a link to my daughter (she's in her first year - pre-nursing). Loved your MC's ending thoughts. Congrats, Leah!
10/30/09
Hurray Leah! This is so outstandingly written and your EC is so well deserved my friend!