The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1678 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
LOL at the Moms on facebook. heehee. Your title captures this well and I liked that they could come to a compromise-I especially liked the um, "old-school" way of txting? LOL. Fun!
07/24/09
Oh, how funny! I've been reading my diaries lately to get me inspired to write for teenage years. It's amazing to remember that we used to go thru the very same struggles as our kids now. I love how you ended it! Very clever!
07/24/09
I enjoyed this story, especially the ending. Good job.
This is an excellent relationship story. I liked the character growth of the Mom.
07/26/09
Brilliant ending!
07/27/09
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree... You've captured a simple communication window - or should that be "Windows?" Well done.
07/30/09
I truly love this entry. Has a "real" life feel to it. The only thing I stumbled over was the BFF in the notebook and it got me to wondering how long it had been around. But then there's so much my generation has to catch up to.
Great writing!. Congrats on EC.
Mona
07/30/09
Fun story--fundamentals never change from generation to generation, even as the superficials (like technology) do. Congratulations!
This was so entertaining. You did a great job on this piece. Well done my friend!
07/30/09
Excellent job! How true to life, lol. The flow was nice and the POV was perfect. Congratulations on the win. It makes me wonder, is this a true story?
07/30/09
Very engaging story, current but timeless! Congrats!
You pegged a teenager. I LOVED the ending!! Great job - congrats, Kristen. :)
08/04/09
This was great!! I am addicted to Facebook myself so it rang very true with me! It was very sincere and a true slice of every day family life. I LOVED the ending! How funny that just as she unfriended her daughter, her own mom wanted to be HER friend! LOVE IT! Congrats and great job!!