The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1283 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is very well written, with humor and message. I love the tongue in cheek teasing and how, through time and the Lord, that a young girl grows in Christ and becomes a tool for the Kingdom. Praise God, keep up the writing! :0)
I enjoyed the transformation of the "valley girl" into a missionary with a heart for God.
01/25/09
You've got my curiosity up about those deadly spiders. I may have to google for them. I liked Jenny's unswerving devotion to missions.
01/25/09
I'm not quite sure whether this is an advert for Austrailia or for the DTS. But as a serving missionary, I fully identify with the joy and sense of anticipation that so powerfully grips Janna.
01/25/09
Clever writing with a likeable MC and narrator.

I might have reducted the number of characters at the beginning, and played up the "deadly spiders" angle. It could be a real source of conflict, particularly if your MC is terrified of them.

Wonderful example of an MC who's a rounded character (showing depth and personal growth).
My favorite part is Janna's transformation. I thought it was a faze, and she'd lose interest. I was so glad that she submitted to God's calling! Great story.
01/25/09
I love this example of God using His children as instruments of His will, despite our first human impressions of them. He can transform anyone. Wonderful message...
I enjoyed the voice of the MC and learning about the YMAM. A very believable story. Great job!
I meant YWAM!
I liked watching your slightly air-headed girl turn into a young lady with a purpose. Well written and nicely done.
01/26/09
It was cool to watch this event unfold, to see the transformation of a young woman in love with God. Good job!
01/26/09
I though the story would be more about the spiders, although it was very well written. I enjoyed the humor as well.
01/26/09
She sure did change her way of thinking...the MC is charming in her "bubble-headed way" and the transformation in her is lovely to read! (A country with that many spiders, though...ooooo...)
01/27/09
Love the transformation in this girl. You did a wonderful job with that in particular.
I am guessing that this is a true story. How wonderful it is to see someone transition from their own fleshly desires to the desires of God. Loved reading this!
05/26/09
I'm an Aussie who sometimes looks up at our ceilings and wonders: "How did that eight-legged horse get into our house?" (They may be harmless but they have a monopoly on ugly.)
You grabbed me with how you traced the way openness to God's call overcomes anxiety and fantasy to generate clarity and confidence. Well done.