The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1338 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
YES! I'd prefer this Christmas home to the Mason's myself. I love the end - he has Jesus, and that's better than perfect Pottery Barn decor.
I love this heartwarming account, delineating the difference between a house and a home. You can have Pottery Barn anytime.
11/30/08
I agree, I would much rather spend the holidays in your home rather than the Mason's. Loved your reference to the therapy-laden future of our offspring. "Ain't that the truth!"
12/02/08
yes, I could totally relate to the temptation to covet, only to realize things were much better at home...it's sad how many things can put us under unnecessary pressure ... you caught this well on paper. Great writing!
12/04/08
(clears her throat and throws a nudge with the elbow)
CONGRATULATIONS WITH THIS FUN, BRILLIANT AND EXTREMELY NON-BORING PIECE!!!! :D
12/04/08
Congratulations on your EC, Kristen. The message is so simple, yet so powerful. I love how you intertwine subtle humor throughout. And, as usual, your MC's voice is excellent. Wonderful job.
I tried commenting on this the other night and my computer froze.

Big Pottery Barn 'magazine' fan here. That caught my eye right away. Love to try to mimic the rooms, but never quite get it :)

This was so very good. I loved all of it; especially the ending. :)
12/04/08
This really was good, and, yes, a home with Jesus is WAY better than a Pottery Barn heartless home. Congrats! Great story.
Excellent, as usual, Kristen! And again, right to to the heart of the matter. I loved the "I have Jesus" exclamation. We can all get trapped in the wrapping of the season. Thanks for un-wrapping the real gift. Good job, my friend!
12/04/08
Perfect. I could really feel the MC's "dilemma" - what she so wanted to create and admire versus what beauty and blessing she had. Love the boys - the injured manger scene made me giggle! Great story with such a genuine feel to it.
What a powerful message delivered in a practical way everyone can relate to. Well done...congratulations!
12/05/08
Fantastic ending...congrats, Kristen!
12/07/08
Great point you are making there, Kristen. I've had a similar experience myself. Perfect conclusion with the, "I have Jesus!"