The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1635 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/22/08
A lovely, heartwarming story. I thought the characterisation was just right for the boy's age and circumstances. What makes it even more special is that it's based on an actual event. Wow.
11/22/08
You have done an exceptional job of capturing this wonderful scene, and the wonderful man who is your father. I was absolutely transported to this place. Just excellent.
11/22/08
Nice tribute to your dad!
I loved this from beginning to end. The boy with a man's responsibility is so endearing, and your descriptions are so vivid, I can see each scene. Wondeful!
The atmosphere and descriptions in this heart-warming tribute are excellent, making it my favorite in Masters this week.
11/26/08
Just excellent.
A mighty fine Christmas, indeed. My heart is warmed by this young boy who took such pleasure in providing for and giving a Christmas to his younger siblings. We could all learn a lesson from him. Knowing it was true made it even better.
11/26/08
Oh my, I got goosebumps. What a mature little boy. Loved this!
Absolutely one of my favorite entries.
11/26/08
This should be mandatory reading for each family this Christmas AND for kids who grumble because they "didn't get...." Touching, really grabber the reader and drew them in - great job!
I was dong fine until the last few sentences. Now I need a tissue. This is wonderful, and a good reminder of how much most of us have. Well done.
Wonderful story, wonderful tribute. Thanks for sharing this with us!
Wow. Your MC showed a level of maturity unmatched by other young men his age. And to think that this is a true story about your father! Wow.

I really like the characterization of your MC. His personality jumps right off the page and is infectious. So happy despite enduring such hardship.

This was a delight to read. Thank you for sharing it, Dee. :)

11/27/08
I LOVE this Dee. You've written this tribute so warmly.