The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1190 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Stupendous! The tension builds as details are filled in, and the carol the captive chose is perfect for the setting. My heart reached a crescendo along with the singers in your story.
I enjoyed this creative take on the topic.
10/11/08
Scary look into the world our children might someday inherit, if things continue. A great character, and as Simon was carving his primitive flute I actually thought "I hope he plays O Come O Come Emmanuel"!
10/14/08
I love home made flutes and the music they make. I'm wondering if he'd have a knife in prison, but it makes a good story.
This story really touched me. I loved Simon's character. Well done my faithwriter friend. Well done.
This is one of those entries that make me think, "Where in the world did this author get this wonderful idea for a story?" Wonderfully plotted and beautifully told.
10/15/08
An act of rebellion that may well become reality before the end of this age. Beautiful and masterful.
Very creative writing on topic and thought provoking.
10/15/08
Very creative entry (I sound like a mimic, eh?) - nice writing and interesting thoughts you have presented!
10/16/08
Ooooh, nice! Love it!
Wow. This was a very unique take on this week's topic. I enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing.
Great story. I love the carol you used too. Very appropriate for the setting. Excellent job; well done!