The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1841 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/04/08
What a cruel mother she was. I could feel the tension in the small boy.
Scary and disturbing.
09/06/08
Hauntingly presented. Absolutely riveting. Wow.
Poor kid. I hope his mom is found out. Well done.
09/07/08
Oh man... Don't know what else to say.
09/07/08
well written, I wasn't sure at first who was unwanted the husband or the child.
This is very well written if your goal was to make me feel for this boy. I hope the TRUTH will be known and the mother will get the help she needs. So sad...
It has been said that a true artist evokes emotion with their work.
You, my dear, are an Artist!
09/08/08
Powerful, powerful writing. I pray that your objective will be realized in at least one reader, dear friend!
09/09/08
Wow… I'm hoping this is fiction… but knowing that it does happen is heartbreaking. This is so well-written, but at the time you are so involved in the story that you don't think about the writing. (I mean that as a complement.)
Wow! This isn't a theme that's talked about much, but your story certainly did a wonderful job of showcasing the family dynamics. Yes, it's sad and frightening, but it's also informative. I like how you had Cory struggling with the messages he had heard in Sunday school.
09/09/08
Wow. I wasn't sure either who was unwanted... very well told. Such a sensitive topic. I'm glad I read your hint first or I would have really been wondering, what in the world? Well done.