The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1954 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/08/08
Oh, I love this on so many levels! As a pianist, I recognized the pieces you listed, and the terminology really spoke to me.

It's funny--while I was on vacation, we speculated on the many different approaches people could take for "bridge", but I don't think we came up with a musical bridge.

Finally, of course, the message of your piece is powerful and beautiful...thanks for being transparent with us...it's beautiful.
Ahh, an interlude. What a creative take on this topic.
And beautiful writing too. The metaphors painted visual images and the writing has an honest feel too it ... a quite truth.
I'm sure this piece will give every reader wisdom for a
time(s) in their lives when they needed God to provide an interlude.
I never thought of this until you wrote this wonderful piece; but sometimes when I sit down to play the piano, indeed my thoughts are bridged over to meet God. Great, creative and insightful approach to the challenge. Thank-you!
08/09/08
Very creative take on the topic. Your explanation was just enough to help me understand, but not so much that it overwhelmed. Very real emotion.
congratulations! I knew this was a food writing!
Beautifully written. Congratulations on placing.
I love how God uses different things in our everyday lives to reach us with His message.
08/15/08
Beautifully written!
08/15/08
Wonderful how the bridge of an interlude took your MC to the bridge to a new life! So well written. Congratulations!
08/28/08
This is absolutely beautiful. How healing it is when God reaches into those areas of our life that hurt and He brings comfort; when we least expect it.

Your piece has the potential to be a beacon in someone elses darkest day.

Well, I think so anyway.