The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2341 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/10/08
I love good poetry so, of course, I love this entry. It has a Poe flow without the Poe macabre. You even got a bird and "never more" into it. What makes it great, though, is the loving message of parental purpose restored.
04/11/08
This was great. I could feel the emotions of the grandparents, from sad to glad and all the in betweens. Poetry has a special place in my heart, and this was wonderfully written and beautifully told. A big thumbs up to you.
04/12/08
I love everything about this. Your meter and rhyme are perfect. Your story is beautiful and wonderful to read.
04/12/08
Absolutely beautiful and melodic - lovely images and word choice. Just wonderful.
This is really memorable- congratulations; I especially like the rhyming pattern and flow of the unfolding story.
04/15/08
I think I know who wrote this...I hope I'm right! Even if I'm wrong, it's utterly delightful.
04/17/08
Good to have you back. I thought I knew whose this was, but was afraid to admit it (especially when I saw Beth's comment on it). Congratulations on your first place.
04/17/08
I should have known! Congrats Kenn! It's good to see your name again!
04/17/08
Congrats! This was utterly delightful! Excellent use of words and rhymes - pulling one into the rhythm - like a familiar melody. What a sweet and touching perspective of a new adventure :)
04/17/08
I have been told that you are the poet to study. This win shows that I have received truly valid advice. Congrats on the EC.
04/17/08
So beautiful ... so everything. Congratulations Kenn.
04/17/08
Congratulations on your 1st place--this is wonderful.
Congratulations on placing with this beautiful entry with its tender message. Loren
04/17/08
It's great to see you back again with such a beauty.
I SO enjoyed this. And I'm not even much of a poetry fan. Excellent job and congrats on your win.
Beautiful flow, love the depiction of the attic and the "empty nest". I was glad to see how new life had given them purpose and hope again. Your ending was prefect as spring had definately revisited them with news of a grandchild. Love this! Congrats Kenn.God bless.
04/18/08
I'm sitting here now with misty eyes after reading your very moving poem. You describe so beautifully my present life. Just wonderful!
04/23/08
I read, I saw, I cried, I laughed, I danced...thank you from this grandmother's heart who has just learned that November will bring us yet another...
Fabulous! A roller coaster ride of emotion, and your perfect poetry seems so effortless. A true joy to read.
05/05/08
Ah, yes, this is poetry of the finest order. Congratulations on your EC!
02/05/13
Very nice. I enjoy your poetry. The speed of each line is so specific to the emotion it potrays. Well done.