The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1708 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/01/08
Thanks, I really enjoyed your story!
This is a good look into the life of inner city gangs. The writing was wonderful, the descriptions very vivid. I'm trying to see how it fits the topic, though. Still a great read. Well done.
I came back to this as I had an epiphany, of sorts. I can see it fitting into the topic. Never mind me...
02/02/08
I was absolutely engrossed from beginning to end. I will definitely be checking out those books. Excellent.
02/03/08
I thought this had to be "Cross and the Switchblade" because of your use of switchblade as the weapon. Thanks for putting the note at the end. Right on topic - and good portrayal of the empty promises of gangs. Still going on today.
02/06/08
Great job on the pacing of this--choppy and fast, just like Nicky's life.
This reads like an actual first chapter here. I wanted to go with Nicky to see what would happen, where he would go next when he got to the church and all, the hope is there and it's ours if we want it. You did a great job with that. Excellent stuff! ^_^
Excellent descriptive writing and the third paragraph is so sad.
A good example of the topic.
Good story which left me wondering with Nicky's background, how did he know the truth behind God's love for him. I think it is a testament that God put it there at birth, and no matter our starting place, or where we are now, we can always come to him.