The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1163 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/18/08
Powerful writing... loved the twisted POV, and the truth of his evil plan... this would be entertaining, if it was not so tragically true. Loved it..
Excellent descriptive writing in this creative, but too true story.
01/19/08
Excellent description and characterization. I felt like I was right there.
01/22/08
Chills. YOur descriptions throughout this are AMAzing! I could picture every detail. I love this line: the logic made perfect sense; why settle with the small fish when there could be a big old fish fry! The twist on contentment is creative and haunting at the same time.
An interesting take on the topic.
01/22/08
Very creative and unique. I liked how you made Satan look like an alcoholic--addicted to thing that cannot satisfy. It would help you if you had a challenge editor--you have a few minor slips that could be fixed that way before submission.
01/23/08
Creative, dark, and very well done!
01/24/08
POWERFUL! Great writing!
01/24/08
Ooh, very chilling. It was especially eery knowing The Enemy in the story was God -- when that phrase is usually used for satan.

Very creative take on the proverb -- showing how satan isn't satisfied with what he has. Good job with the topic.
01/24/08
You've written a very creative story from a great angle. This line tends to hit home, "Cripple them with the ideas that they cannot serve the Enemy ‘cause they are not good enough. If we can keep them preoccupied with doubt and guilt, they cannot escape our traps.” Thanks for this reminder. Great writing!
01/24/08
Man, this one really creeped me out - and I mean that as a compliment to your writing. Satan's always on the prowl...glad we serve an awesome God.