The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1334 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/14/07
Wonderful contrast between churches that are missing the point and one that is successfully presenting Christ to the world by its actions.
12/15/07
Great dialog - I felt the frustration, and the joy, right along with them.
Well written, focusing on the truth of what is really the church---God's people in action.
The family dialogue is very true-to-life in this interesting search-for-a-church story.
12/19/07
Loved the family interaction, so realistic and appealing. Cringed a bit at some of the churches. Great ending. All-around fun story!
I like the way you described some of the modern day member-seeking churches. Loved the ending of this, too. God always has a plan.
12/19/07
Great entry! I had to smile at the church where a man passed out campaign info and the church that kept passing the offering place. Thought provoking and a lot of fun to read.
Can you sent me the address of the last church? **grin** Sounds like it's right down my alley! While the other were involved in programs and new technologies and "Seven Steps To Keeping Church Members Happy," this church you beautifully described put legs on the sermons and Sunday School lessons. No wonder the family wanted to make it their home church. Great story!
12/19/07
I loved your characterizations of the earlier churches and their leaders. It contrasted beautifully with the family's new church home. Great story!
Heehee, I was laughing through this one. The different church descriptions were hilarious. The last sentence was spot on!
12/20/07
You really nailed some of the churches -- unfortunately. And the interaction in the car was perfect. Nice job with the topic.