The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1871 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed this. It is a very good article on "confident". I love human interest stories.
07/13/07
Lovely story! I like the way you emphasize how Christ can take our ordinary talents, and create something strong and beautiful from them.
You aren't going to believe this, but we had an Edna Mae in our church. She has since gone to Heaven, but you described her perfectly. I started wondering if you knew the same Edna Mae we knew. I loved how when the teacher was transparent and real she finally "got through".
07/14/07
Wonderful story! Sometimes all it takes is someone having a little faith in you...very good!!
07/15/07
Good story, well told, with a nice "confident" message. The only thing that threw me some, was that the unleanred english your main character spoke didn't match her voice in telling the story. I really enjoyed the read. Your description of the children was great. God bless.
This is an excellent story. I loved Edna Mae.
This was cute! I liked the character of Edna Mae. My only note for this, is that the resolution came a little too quickly (for me, at least!) And it seemed almost as if your MC was telling the story from days before, even though most of it reads as present tense. I like the descriptions though, especially the "6 carrot-topped" children. ^_^
07/18/07
I love the message of this. Wish you'd had more words to expand - love to hear how the rest of the day went!
This is a great story of confidence. The dialogue is perfect.