The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1723 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/15/07
Wow, this is a wonderful poem about the open-ended future of the young adult. The images created are awesome!
Clever and appropriate poetic analogy for those YA's starting out on their journey of life. Really enjoyed the poem.
06/16/07
This was artfully done. It is certainly worthy of publication. Life's journey is captured, replete with all of its temptations, pitfalls, and trophies that entice. I like the image of a road and our journey over it, and that speed is of no consequence. The ending, of course, is my favorite. Home at last! Very, very well done and totally befitting a Master!
This would be a perfect poem to share with high school graduates. Excellent message!
06/18/07
Great description and lesson that teens will certainly relate to. Enjoyed this very much.
Smooth reading poem.
Very nice! I like it. My favorite line was :
"Just muscle built upon a mix of hi-grade fuel and air. "
Great writing!
06/20/07
I love this poem, I know it was written for teens but as I read it I found myself reminiscing of my own teens...Great poem!
Your poetry and message are perfect, as awlays. You are, indeed, a master writer.
Great analogy that teen boys can relate to - a muscle car!
What can I say? Like all of your poetry, this is great!!!
06/21/07
I loved it, the imagery and symbolism. Excellent!