The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1857 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/27/07
I liked the happy ending.
04/30/07
How interesting--some parts of this could be my daughter's story--the horseback accident, the injury, and--most of all--the verse from Jeremiah. It was very important to her when she was in therapy.

I do have a teensy problem with the medical aspects of this: she seems to have a spinal cord injury, but there is no surgery (or any other treatment at present) that will have the results that your MC achieved. Maybe change her injury to crushed legs or pelvis--not paralysis--more likely to have the outcome you stated.

Your male protagonist is a prince! I love the way you wrote him.
05/01/07
The last paragraph gave me goosebumps!

I like that you used part of the verse in your title. I can't think of a better verse for a wedding. I also like how you used that verse on the paper to tie your story together. Your story flowed so well.

John is a great picture of Christ's love for his bride. She, with a ruined life, and he, offering her hope.

05/02/07
One of my favorite verses. You brought it to life with this story!
I had to read this story, because this verse in Jeremiah is very precious to me. It is the verse I wrote in a card to my son when he was straying far from the Lord. God instructed me to leave it in His Bible. At God's appointed time, he found it, and shortly thereafter, he gave his heart to the Lord. Great work. Cheri
05/03/07
As Jan has shared with us some of this journey her daughter as well as herself experienced, we know that God does have Mercy in ways beyond our understanding.

Moving story and very poignant. Well told.
Wonderfully written story here. A true romance story.