The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1665 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/01/07
Very very cool (was just talking about the bat mmitzpha for the girl I used to nanny and her sister's coming up this spring!
02/02/07
It took me a few read-throughs to get this - but maybe that's because I was speed-reading... :D If there was any critique, I'd say to cut back on your O/Ohs. I liked the passion for the Word and His desire to be with His Father - and how you brought me back to earth with a thump - kind of like the knock on my bedroom door when I have to stop praying.
Emotional stuff!
Very unique style. I like it!
02/05/07
Your writing conveys a spirit of worship. I love that! During this time in the temple, the people were in awe of Jesus, but I never considered the communion Jesus was having with His Father and the Scriptures. Lovely. This makes me want to run to my Bible.
02/06/07
Just beautiful. Definitely showed me, vividly, a perspective I had never even considered. Great atmosphere. I felt like I was right there.
02/06/07
Pat, your writing astounds me--so rich and deep, so very beautiful.
02/06/07
This deserves at least a second read to fully appreciate. The opening is truly amazing and the writing is beautiful throughout. Such a unique perspective. Great work!
02/06/07
Such talent and anointing combined. Excellent. God bless.
02/06/07
I've been reading this (and other pieces) between doing my Bible study prep ... do the prep while waiting for the computer to go to the next page. But you've inspired me to switch the silly computer off and just immerse myself in Scripture ... maybe. You described beautifully that Holy Fire etc. Magnificent writing.
02/06/07
Oh, this was good. One thing that was a bit confusing for me were all the capitalized nouns in the beginning. I had trouble figuring out "who was who" so to speak. I loved the ending, and how you went back to the words He spoke as a boy.
WOW but this is exceptional! I love to read stories crafted from the Bible. You did a masterful job of protraying one of my favorites of young Jesus & his parents. This should place very high!
Besides agreeing with all that has been said up to now, I must add that I love the poetic quality you've used in this evocative piece, Pat. So beautiful!
02/07/07
thank you for your insight on this topic--it has enlighted me on what is expected of a young Jewish man approaching his Bar Mitzvah. Thank you for sharing this beautiful entry!
02/07/07
Beautiful!! I could feel His longing.
02/07/07
This is a read you want to savor, take in slowly like a gourmet meal. It was worship, history and real for me. Excellent.
02/07/07
A truly "Master"-ful use of words! :) The beginning was so powerful and compelling that I felt my heart crying out with His for more! Loved the ending as well! Awesome all the way!
02/08/07
Very interesting perspective and this information was very good to read. I enjoyed this and thanks for sharing it
The combination of poetic wording and prose MADE this piece to read as beautifully as it does. You used the information and research done
come alive and just shine! It was truly inspired writing. Personally, I woudn't change one thing.
02/08/07
You've been inspired and richly so. It was a blessing to read this poetic piece of prose. Thank you.