The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2125 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/14/06
And I thought that snail climbing up the BBQ cover was so CUTE! Yikes! Love it, love it, love it. You are a master (or mistress) or your craft!
As a gardener, I was in there rooting for the demise of the wretched creatures. As a budding writer, all I could sau is "Bravo"!
09/16/06
I could see the whole event like a cartoon! Spindly men on snails! Swooping locusts! What a battle and a timely reminder to be prepared. (Technically it bothers me though that all but the couplet in the last stanza rhyme.)
09/18/06
A delightful poem! Great Rhyme, along with a story that made perfect sense...just deliciously delightful! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Thank you. Super job!
09/19/06
If you aren't a "Master" then I don't know who is! My goodness! This is so wonderfully creative, perfectly constructed, and a most enjoyable read! Wow! Wow! Wow! :)
Wow! Beautiful job on the topic. Whoever thought that spiritual warfare could have rhyme and rhythm. :o) Loved it!
09/19/06
I caught the parallels to "the Raven" in the first paragraph, and admired the way you kept to its pattern and theme throughout! Excellent! I really enjoyed it.
09/19/06
Such imagery - it will stick with me for a LONG time! Just love your stuff. Very effective in getting across its point and being beautiful at the same time. :D
09/19/06
You're back, and with another awesome entry! Dust off a spot on the mantel. (I may be one of your biggest fans.)
EXTRA-ORDINARY! No words to describe this...it's just awesome. I was hooked for sure when I got to: "They sucked away the baby's breath,
And tore the roots from mums,
They pulled the foxgloves to the ground,
And sliced off all their thumbs." Just fabulous stuff. :-)
Now I have to reread Joel to find out what inspired this! I love it, and I'm sure even my kindergarteners would enjoy it, too. It's that good!:-)
Purely delightful read! Amazing creativity!
09/20/06
Quite a spooky poem – it brought out the hairs on the back of my neck! This lends itself to illustrations! Of course the message is wonderful –as is the poem itself.
09/21/06
Congratulations Ken.
09/23/06
Wow Kenn! What-a-read! Great messasge/story/poem/talent ... and all the etc.'s! ;)
Nicely done, Kenn. A great read and worthy of your first place win. Much congratulations.
Oh my goodenss, if I can ever write poetry like you...I will feel sooooo blessed! Do you take on students??!!
09/28/06
From the heart of this poet, thank you! This is a truly incredible piece and a Glory to God!
11/13/06
Come and post your poetry at Poetry and Poets of God: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/poetryandpoetsofgod/